Blackboard Collaborate is KUMC's solution for academic web conferencing since it is integrated within Bb and its features (roster, gradebook, and group tool) and provides an immersive online experience. Microsoft Teams and Zoom are also viable options to consider. To help you decide which is appropriate for your needs, please visit the Web Conferencing Options and Best Practices for Web Conferencing documents.
Best Practices for Web Conferencing
How to Have an Accessible Zoom Meeting
Closed Captioning vs. Live Transcription
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Collaborate Ultra is a user-friendly web conferencing system that is part of KUMC's Blackboard LMS (Learning Management System). It effortlessly connects instructors with their students in real time and provides a variety of communication tools that facilitate the learning process. Collaborate Ultra is not just for education either. It can also be utilized by KUMC users that are not part of the Blackboard LMS.
Here are some of the features Collaborate Ultra offers:
- Create and organize meetings within your Blackboard course site
- Take attendance when students enter the meeting
- Share content: documents, desktop screens, applications, and whiteboards (Attendees can now download shared documents)
- Video discussions utilizing web cameras and microphones
- Communicate via chat feature
- Record, manage, download and share recordings in an MP4 format (Recording usage statistics are now available)
- Specify breakout groups for small group collaboration and discussion
- Use your phone to call into a meeting(cannot be used simultaneously with the Blackboard mobile app)
- Designate an individual to create live closed captions or add CART services
Additional online resources for Collaborate Ultra:
Contact TLT at email@example.com or your TLT Liaison for help getting started.
- Sonny Painter, SHP Educational Technology Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas Adams, SoM Educational Technology Liaison, email@example.com
- Nellie Modaress, SoN Educational Technology Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org